WINDY CITY TIMES
||Another queer candidate is part of Chicago mayoral race
This article shared 1096 times since Wed Aug 10, 2022
In addition to incumbent Lori Lightfoot as well as Ald. Raymond Lopez and media figure DJ Doran, there is a new LGBTQ+ candidate in the race for Chicago mayor.
According to their website, J Saxon "is a genderqueer Bolivian-American activist who is a passionate leader from intersecting communities. Born abroad in Panama and raised next to the cornfields of New Lenox, Illinois, they have lived in Chicago for 14 years, in Hyde Park, Pilsen, Little Village and, now, Andersonville/Edgewater."
Among other things, Saxon says of themself, "They have been an outspoken critic of Lori Lightfoot since publishing a #QueersAgainstLightfoot campaign video against her 2019 mayoral bid [that] explained her leadership tenure on the Police Accountability Board would prove disastrous for the city and its people."
Their campaign website is saxonformayor.com .
This article shared 1096 times since Wed Aug 10, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|NATIONAL Veterans bill, Charlie Crist, Task Force honor, Elton John 2022-09-25|
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed legislation to assist LGBTQ+ veterans discharged under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" (DADT) in updating their records and accessing education, health, burial and other benefits available ...
|Coalition decries Des Plaines candidate training sponsored by anti-LGBTQ+ groups 2022-09-25|
- A coalition of parents, educators and pro-LGBTQ+, pro-equity groups held a press conference Sept. 24 in front of the Courtyard by Marriott Chicago O'Hare hotel in Des Plaines to protest a school-board candidate training being held ...
|Bisexual, pansexual leaders meet with HHS officials in historic roundtable 2022-09-23|
- For Bisexual Awareness Week, bisexual and pansexual community leaders met with federal agency officials at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Sept. 20 to discuss remedies to the health disparities facing the bisexual ...
|Indiana judge blocks state's abortion ban 2022-09-23|
- On Sept. 22, an Indiana judge blocked the state's abortion ban, putting the new law on hold as abortion-clinic operators argue that it violates the state constitution, NPR reported. Owen County Judge Kelsey Hanlon issued a ...
|Update: Paddock to no longer print LGIS publications 2022-09-22|
- Arlington Heights-based Paddock Publications, parent company of the Daily Herald newspaper, announced Sept. 22 that it was backing out of a deal to print materials for Local Government Information Services (LGIS) after Illinois Gov. ...
|Anti-LGBTQ+ newspapers reach area households 2022-09-20|
- Several households in the Chicago and collar counties have received what are ostensibly newspapers, but are actually anti-LGBTQ+ mailers created and paid for by GOP supporters. Area media reported the week of Sept. 5 that various ...
|Report: Newsom to run for president if Biden doesn't 2022-09-20|
- California Gov. Gavin Newsoma staunch LGBTQ+ allyis "undeniably, unequivocally" planning to run for president in 2024 if President Biden chooses not to seek a second term, two individuals with knowledge of Newsom's plans told TheWrap, Yaho ...
|Pritzker appoints Isoye to chair the Illinois State Board of Education 2022-09-19|
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker appointed Dr. Steven Isoye, a former educator and superintendent, to chair the Illinois State Board of Education, effective immediately. Isoye follows in the footsteps of Darren Reisberg, a member of the LGBTQ+ ...
|Lightfoot names Timmy Knudsen as 43rd Ward alderperson 2022-09-19|
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot announced that Timmy Knudsena resident of the Lincoln Park and Old Town community for nearly a decade, as well as the chairman of the Zoning Board of Appealswill serve as the new ...
|HRC Chicago dinner set for Nov. 12 2022-09-19|
- The Human Rights Chicago (HRC) Dinner & Auction will take place Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park, 200 N. Columbus Dr., at 5:30 p.m., with the main program starting at 7 p.m. The ...
|ELECTIONS Republicans may control Illinois Supreme Court after November 2022-09-18|
- For the first time since 1969, the Illinois Supreme Court may have a Republican majority after the November elections. Two seats are open on the court that cover large sections of the Chicago suburbs, WBEZ noted—and ...
|LGBTQ Victory Fund endorses Lightfoot 2022-09-18|
- LGBTQ Victory Fund, the only national organization dedicated to electing LGBTQ+ leaders to public office, endorsed Lori Lightfoot for Chicago mayor. Since her historic victory in 2019, Lightfoot has remained the nation's highest-ranking out LGBTQ+ may ...
|NATIONAL Marriage bill, drag queen dies, Dutch queen visits, university sued 2022-09-18|
- A bipartisan group of senators trying to pass same-sex marriage protection legislation pushed a vote until after the November electiona move the officials say increases their chances of success but avoids forcing the GOP on record ...
|Biden meets with Brittney Griner's wife 2022-09-17|
- On Sept. 16, President Joe Biden met with Cherelle Griner, wife of Brittney Griner, and reassured her that he is working to gain the WNBA star's freedom, ESPN reported. Biden sat down in the Oval Office ...
|Four LGBTQ+ alderpeople among those forgoing pay raises 2022-09-16|
- LGBTQ+ Alds. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35th Ward), Raymond Lopez (15th), Maria Hadden (49th) and Tom Tunney (44th) are among 17 of the 50 members of the Chicago City Council who are forgoing raises that would have hiked ...