||BETTY in Concert at Park West Oct. 20
Band featured on Showtime's The L Word perform at Windy City Times' 20th anniversary Show
This article shared 11175 times since Thu Aug 4, 2005
Chicago – BETTY, the band featured on the Showtime TV hit The L Word, returns to Chicago this fall for the first time since their musical was staged here for six weeks in the summer of 2004.
Windy City Media Group is hosting the 'Platinum Concert' at the Park West on Thursday, October 20. The concert will also serve as a 20th anniversary awards program for Windy City Times, founded in September of 1985. Windy City Times will honor long-time contributors and advertisers, and will acknowledge the milestone with a fun, uplifting night of music and celebration.
The Platinum Concert will feature the pop group BETTY, whose appearances and title track on Showtime's The L Word last season have propelled their 20-year career in a whole new mainstream direction. BETTY is a five-piece pop rock alternative band from New York City. Fronted by three full-on females, the band's unique sound is based on the "spine-tingling harmonies" ( Billboard ) of songwriters Amy Ziff, Alyson Palmer and Elizabeth Ziff layered over propulsive guitars and a fat-bottomed rhythm section.
Also on the Platinum Concert bill with be local alternative rock artists Gary Blakely with Joey London, the band Stewed Tomatoes and Windy City Times' Gay Idol 2005 winner Kerri Grant. There will be special guest hosts, in addition to Amy Matheny and Jim Bennett of Windy City Radio.
'BETTY rocked Chicago last summer, and rocked the airwaves this past TV season,' said WCT Publisher Tracy Baim. 'We want to mark our 20 years of serving the community with a great concert and awards show.'
The Platinum Concert will feature a VIP reception and awards presentation at 6 p.m. with the concert portion of the night beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets for the concert will be $25. Tickets will be $50 for the VIP reception and concert, which will include hors d'oeuvres and special L Word giveaways and other great prizes. A portion of the ticket sales will benefit the Gay Games VII.
Park West is located at 322 W. Armitage, Chicago. Tickets can be purchased by logging on to www.WindyCityMediaGroup.com or by calling 773-871-7610. For more information on the event please contact WindyCityMedia@aol.com or call 773-871-7610.
This event is sponsored by Windy City Media Group and Hilton Garden Inn of Chicago.
Order tickets at www.windycitytimes.com/concerts.html
This article shared 11175 times since Thu Aug 4, 2005
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Dozens of celebrities, companies set to take part in Spirit Day on Oct. 21 2021-10-15|
--From a press release - New York, NY, Thursday, October 14, 2021 - Today, GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, announced a preliminary list of celebrities, shows ...
|Sisters in Cinema, DocuClub providing consulting opportunities to filmmakers 2021-10-07|
- Sisters in Cinemaa Chicago-based 501(C)3 that aims to center and celebrate Black girls, women and gender non-conforming media makersand DocuClub, a work-in-progress screening series, have entered into a strategic partnership ...
|Chicago Reader celebrates 50th anniversary 2021-09-28|
--From a press release - The Chicago Reader, a fearless, innovative, and nationally respected media voice in Chicago since 1971, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a variety of exhibitions, events, and projects. The Chicago Reader's first issue was October 1, ...
|GLAAD releases 'Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South' 2021-09-23|
--From a press release - GLAADhe world's largest LGBTQ media-advocacy organizationhas released its "Local Media Accountability Index - U.S. South," a measurement and evaluation of LGBTQ and HIV coverage in local news outlets across nine ...
|Gavin Newsom wins Calif. recall election 2021-09-15|
- On Sept. 14, California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom defeated a GOP-backed effort to remove him from office, media outlets reported. Speaking from Sacramento, Newsom thanked Californians for rejecting the recall effort, according to CNN.com. He also ...
|Britney Spears' dad petitions to end conservatorship 2021-09-08|
- In a huge win for pop star Britney Spears, her father and the conservator of her estate, Jamie Spears, filed a petition to end the arrangement on Sept. 7, media outlets reported. Jamie cited his daughter's ...
|SPORTS Red Stars teaming with Univision for Sept. 25 game 2021-08-23|
- The Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) and Univision Chicagopart of Univision Communications Inc., the leading Spanish-language media and content company in the countryannounced a first-time ...
|COVID FDA grants full approval to Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine 2021-08-23|
- On Aug. 23, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA granted full approval to the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people age 16 and older, media outlets reported. This is the first coronavirus vaccine approved by the ...
|GLAAD highlights how Olympians used Tokyo Games to call for LGBTQ acceptance 2021-08-11|
--From a press release - (August 11, 2021) GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, is highlighting how this year's historic number of out LGBTQ athletes repeatedly stood ...
|Windy City Times fellowships available 2021-08-06|
- Windy City Times will have four paid internships for writers available this fall as part of a new journalism education initiative, "Training the Next Generation of LGBTQ Journalists and Storytellers," in partnership with the Field Foundation. ...
|DaBaby apologizes for 'misinformed' comments about AIDS, LGBTQ people 2021-08-03|
- After his headlining sets at Lollapalooza, Governors Ball and Day N Vegas festivals were canceled within 24 hours of each other, rapper DaBaby issued another apology to the LGBTQ community, Variety reported. "Social Media moves so ...
|Rapper DaBaby defends anti-gay comments 2021-07-27|
- Rapper DaBaby addressed his recent controversial comments at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami—and drew the ire of many on social media, CNN.com noted. During the performance, he made false and insulting comments about gay ...
|NBC Sports apologizes for misgendering Olympian; GLAAD responds 2021-07-27|
- GLAAD responded to media coverage of the first several days of the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo, including the misgendering of Team USA skateboarder Alana Smith. Smith made Olympic history July 25 as the first ...
|Chicago Filmmakers awards $100,000 to local social injustice digital media projects 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - (July 20, 2021 — Chicago, IL) Chicago Filmmakers is pleased to announce that the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund (CDMPF) has awarded a total of $100,000 in grants to eight Chicago artists for the production of ...
|GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index shows more LGBTQ character screen time, not so for trans 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA - Thursday, July 15, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, today released its ninth annual Studio Responsibility Index (SRI), a study that maps the quantity, quality, and diversity of ...