WINDY CITY TIMES
||Chicago arcade bar hosting LGBTQ+ event July 29
This article shared 802 times since Thu Jul 22, 2021
Emporium Arcade Bar-Wicker Park, 1366 N. Milwaukee Ave.in partnership with the Puerto Rican Cultural Center's (PRCC) Trans Empowerment Programis inviting members of the LGBTQIA+ community to hang out Thursday, July 29, 8-11 p.m., for an evening of games and fun while connecting with sexual health, mental health and substance abuse resources.
Scavenger hunts, trivia, arcade games, incredible cocktails, craft brews and a live performance by DJ UNiQUE will also be available for guests at the 21-and-older event.
Healthcare professionals from the Chicago community will be on site to answer sexual health-related questions and offer tools and resources for sexually transmitted infection prevention and treatment, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV testing and more. Resources for those struggling with mental health or substance abuse-related issues will also be available.
Emporium will offer 10 complimentary game tokens to those registering for health-related services.
See emporiumchicago.com/locations/ and https://prcc-chgo.org/.
This article shared 802 times since Thu Jul 22, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Olympics: Transgender weightlifter exits competition early 2021-08-03|
- New Zealand transgender weightlifter Laurel Hubbard was knocked out of the women's 87+-kilogram competition early after failing on all three of her attempts, according to Yahoo! Sports. Hubbard was the only one of the 13 ...
|NATIONAL Trans women's updates, Virginia case, Lambda Legal, GLAAD, gay men's chorus 2021-08-01|
- The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office (DAO) announced updates on the murders of trans women Michelle "Tameka" Washington and Dominique "Rem'mie" Fells at a press conference, Philadelphia Troy Bailey, who was ...
|Pritzker signs bill decriminalizing HIV transmission, other pro-LGBTQ measures 2021-07-27|
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker signed a legislative package on July 27 at Center on Halsted that, effective immediately ends the decades-long law criminalizing HIV transmission in Illinois. Illinois is now the second such state to repeal ...
|WORLD Marriage in Chile, Polish website, Toronto news, 'Reclaim Pride' march 2021-07-25|
- On July 21, Chile's Senate approved an equal-marriage bill, DW.com reported. The regulations were presented during the second government of the socialist Michelle Bachelet (2014-2018) and last June 1, during ...
|NATIONAL California cases, trans woman killed, Pride staircase, sports law 2021-07-25|
- Proponents of Proposition 8 have to file a brief on or before Aug. 16 to show they have standing to appeal a district court decision to release tapes of the landmark Perry v. Schwarzenegger trial that ...
|Federal judge blocks Arkansas anti-trans healthcare law 2021-07-22|
- Judge James M. Moody Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas temporarily blocked an Arkansas law that would have banned physicians in the state from providing transition-related healthcaree.g., hormones and puberty ...
|Col. Jennifer Pritzker donating to ACLU to help fight anti-trans laws 2021-07-20|
- Chicago philanthropist and business owner Col. Jennifer Pritzker plans to donate $101,000 and additional six-figure future support to the ACLU from her TAWANI Foundation to fight Tennessee's anti-transgender laws in court, a press release announced. T ...
|AMA Foundation begins fellowship program to address LGBTQ+ health disparities 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — The American Medical Association Foundation (AMA Foundation) today announced the University of Wisconsin—Madison as the inaugural institution of its National LGBTQ+ Fellowship Program to begin transforming the health ...
|Trans model makes history with SI Swimsuit cover 2021-07-19|
- On July 19, Sports Illustrated (SI) Swimsuit announced this year's cover models: rapper Megan Thee Stallion, tennis player Naomi Osaka and model/actress Leyna Bloom—each making history in her own way. A press release sent to Windy ...
|NATIONAL Amazon, condo collapse, T-shirt controversy, GLSEN 2021-07-18|
- At least two Amazon employees have resigned in recent weeks to protest the company's decision to continue to sell a book they say frames young people who identify as transgender as mentally ill, NBC News reported. ...
|GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index shows more LGBTQ character screen time, not so for trans 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA - Thursday, July 15, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, today released its ninth annual Studio Responsibility Index (SRI), a study that maps the quantity, quality, and diversity of ...
|National Black Justice Coalition commemorates International Non-Binary People's Day 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - Statement from David J. Johns, executive director of the National Black Justice Coalition, issued the following statement in commemoration of International non-binary people's Day: "Non-binary people have existed throughout human ...
|'Pose' makes history with Emmy nominations 2021-07-13|
- On July 13, the Emmy-winning father-daughter duo Ron Cephas Jones (This Is Us) and Jasmine Cephas Jones (#FreeRayshawn) unveiled the nominations for the 73rd Emmy Awardsand the FX show Pose made history. Not only is Pose ...
|NATIONAL Spa incident, N.J. items, AIDS gala, Tenn. lawsuits 2021-07-11|
- Tensions rose between protesters and counterprotesters in Los Angeles over a spa incident involving a transgender woman, The Hill reported. Recently, a cisgender woman complained to staff at Wi Spa in Koreatown after a transgender woman ...
|Quigley again calls for end to detention of trans migrants 2021-07-09|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL — Today, U.S. Representative Mike Quigley (IL-05), Vice Chair of the LGBT Equality Caucus and a founding Member of the Transgender Equality Task Force, led thirty House Democrats in calling for an end to ...