||Kinsey Sicks, in Chicago Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
This article shared 8693 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
September 3, 2003
America's Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet Performs Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
CHICAGO — The Kinsey Sicks are returning to Chicago for four brand new shows of new material and as they put it "some of their
least unpopular songs!" America's favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet performed early this Spring in Chicago to two sold out
shows and now bring their spectacular show back for four nights "straight" (so to speak). An eclectic mixture of style, shtick and song,
Kinsey Sicks is a must-see!
The Kinsey Sicks, in their colorful Kennedy-era cocktail dresses and with their witty banter and clever songs described as "barber
shop meets Barbarella" perform Wednesday, November 5 through Saturday, November 8 at The Eagle, 5015 N. Clark in Chicago, 8
p.m. showtime (doors open at 7:30 p.m.). Tickets are already selling fast so call today to reserve your seats.
The four gentlemen who make up Kinsey aren't your average singers – their super intelligent lyrics, awesome harmonies and
imaginative parodies entertain from start to encore after encore. The members include Winnie (former Chicagoan Irwin Keller),
Rachel (Ben Schatz), Trixie (Kevin Smith Kirkwood) and Trampolina (Chris Dilley).
Favorite audience tunes include "Locked Out of the Chapel of Love," "IKEA" sung to the tune of "Maria," "AZT" (a combination of "The
Love You Save" and "ABC") and many more that will leave you gasping from shock or laughing hysterically.
Here's some mainstream media quotes regarding Kinsey Sicks:
"Loved it!" — Michael Musto, Village Voice
"Get thyself to Dragapella!" — Liz Smith "One of the more uniquely original acts we have encountered" — Billboard Magazine "The
hottest ticket in town" — New York Times "Inventive…riotously funny…sublime" — Variety
Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. To order call Windy City Media Group at 773-871-7610 or email
WindyCityMedia@aol.com . Buy 9 get one FREE! Visa and Mastercard accepted.
The shows are sponsored by American Airlines, Windy City Media Group and The Eagle.
This article shared 8693 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Diplo and more to headline Lollapalooza on Aug. 3-6 2023-03-21|
--From a press release - (Chicago—March 21, 2023) Lollapalooza has unveiled a powerhouse lineup for the 2023 edition, featuring first-time headliners Kendrick Lamar and Billie Eilish along with Red Hot Chili Peppers, ODESZA, Lana Del Rey, Karol G, who will make ...
|Opera Preview: Life of gay World War II hero Alan Turing transformed into a world-premiere opera 2023-03-17|
- It has taken a decade for The Life and Death(s) of Alan Turing to grow from an idea into a full- fledged opera. Chicago Opera Theater stages the world premiere of composer Justine F. Chen and ...
|Lyric Opera of Chicago announces its 2023-24 season 2023-03-14|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (3/14/2023) — Lyric Opera of Chicago, led by General Director, President & CEO Anthony Freud and Music Director Enrique Mazzola, today announces the company's 2023/24 Season, which takes audiences on a global tour of opera ...
|House Musical, Coming of Age in the Age of House, coming to Hoover-Leppen Theatre 2023-03-14|
--From a press release - Campsongs Productions presents the world premiere of House Musical - Coming of Age in the Age of House, with book by Marcus Waller, music by Scott Free (with Michael Foley) and lyrics by Scott Free and ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE announce dates for summer festivals and events 2023-03-13|
--From a press release - CHICAGOToday, Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) announced the 2023 dates for some of the City of Chicago's most beloved summertime traditions. Returning festivals and events include ...
|SHOWBIZ Little Richard, Indigo Girls, Rodriguez's honor, dance film, Pedro Pascal 2023-03-10|
Video below - Produced by Bungalow Media + Entertainment for CNN Films and HBO Max, in association with Rolling Stone Films, director Lisa Cortes' Sundance opening-night documentary Little Richard: I Am Everything will debut in theaters and on VOD ...
|SHOWBIZ Wanda Sykes, Jonas Brothers, 'Queen of Versailles,' 'Bloodshed' 2023-03-04|
Adam Lambert video below - Award-winning comedian Wanda Sykes' new comedy special, I'm An Entertainer, will premiere globally on Netflix on May 23, a press release announced. The special, directed by Linda Mendoza, was filmed in early February 2023 at Philadelphia's ...
|Singer Zolita zips through Chicago on a whirlwind tour 2023-02-28|
- Zoe Montana Hoetzel has evolved into the multidimensional artist known as Zolita while cultivating a massive following. Her personality is multifaceted as well. She identifies as a lesbian, an activist and a witch, but she's also ...
|SHOWBIZ Black queer films, Janet Jackson, Paramore, WNBA, GALECA contest 2023-02-19|
- Queerty ran a piece on 10 films that celebrate Black queer love. Some of them include The Skinny (with Jussie Smollett), Dee Rees' movie Pariah, the Oscar-winning Moonlight, the Marlon Riggs classic Tongues Untied, Brother to ...
|Theater Review: Cabaret continues to reflect on our modern challenges 2023-02-14|
- Title: Cabaret. Book: Joe Masteroff; Score: John Kander & Fred Ebb. At: Porchlight Music Theatre at Ruth Page Center for the Arts, 1016 N. Dearborn St. Tickets: 773-777-9884 or www.PorchlightMusicTheatre.org; prices begin at $25. Runs through ...
|Goran Stolevski grows up fast with Of an Age 2023-02-14|
- Openly gay filmmaker Goran Stolevski is a triple threat: He handled directing, writing and editing chores for his new project, Of an Age, which Focus Features is now distributing. The film is already taking home trophies ...
|Queer songwriter donates $500K to Chicago Academy for the Arts 2023-02-13|
- Returning to the school that they said saved their life years ago and set them on a path to becoming one of the most celebrated activists and songwriters of the modern era, it was announced Feb. ...
|SHOWBIZ Isaac Mizrahi, Viola Davis, Laura Jane Grace, Elton John, GLAAD 2023-02-11|
- On Sherri Shepherd's talk show, entertainer/fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi said he'd love for out actor Dan Levy to portray him in a potential biopic based on Mizrahi's memoir, I.M., The Wrap noted. "Dan Levy, OK," Mizrahi ...
|Windy City Gay Chorus, Windy City Treble Quire present Our Common Thread: Songs of Love, Loss, Life 2023-02-10|
--From a press release - CHICAGO - The Windy City Gay Chorus and Windy City Treble Quire are excited to announce their upcoming 2023 spring concert, Our Common Thread: Songs of Love, Loss and Life, under the direction of Dr. Eric ...
|CGMC to re-create music videos in drag with 'Lipstick & Lyrics: On MTV' 2023-02-10|
--From a press release - CHICAGOChicago Gay Men's Chorus presents their annual live-singing drag show, Lipstick & Lyrics. This year's theme: On MTV. Come enjoy CGMC's drag performers as they recreate epic music videos. With dancers, costumes and sass, these live ...