||Kinsey Sicks, in Chicago Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
This article shared 7464 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
September 3, 2003
America's Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet Performs Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
CHICAGO — The Kinsey Sicks are returning to Chicago for four brand new shows of new material and as they put it "some of their
least unpopular songs!" America's favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet performed early this Spring in Chicago to two sold out
shows and now bring their spectacular show back for four nights "straight" (so to speak). An eclectic mixture of style, shtick and song,
Kinsey Sicks is a must-see!
The Kinsey Sicks, in their colorful Kennedy-era cocktail dresses and with their witty banter and clever songs described as "barber
shop meets Barbarella" perform Wednesday, November 5 through Saturday, November 8 at The Eagle, 5015 N. Clark in Chicago, 8
p.m. showtime (doors open at 7:30 p.m.). Tickets are already selling fast so call today to reserve your seats.
The four gentlemen who make up Kinsey aren't your average singers – their super intelligent lyrics, awesome harmonies and
imaginative parodies entertain from start to encore after encore. The members include Winnie (former Chicagoan Irwin Keller),
Rachel (Ben Schatz), Trixie (Kevin Smith Kirkwood) and Trampolina (Chris Dilley).
Favorite audience tunes include "Locked Out of the Chapel of Love," "IKEA" sung to the tune of "Maria," "AZT" (a combination of "The
Love You Save" and "ABC") and many more that will leave you gasping from shock or laughing hysterically.
Here's some mainstream media quotes regarding Kinsey Sicks:
"Loved it!" — Michael Musto, Village Voice
"Get thyself to Dragapella!" — Liz Smith "One of the more uniquely original acts we have encountered" — Billboard Magazine "The
hottest ticket in town" — New York Times "Inventive…riotously funny…sublime" — Variety
Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. To order call Windy City Media Group at 773-871-7610 or email
WindyCityMedia@aol.com . Buy 9 get one FREE! Visa and Mastercard accepted.
The shows are sponsored by American Airlines, Windy City Media Group and The Eagle.
This article shared 7464 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Script contest, LGBTQ film, Lady Gaga, Showtime, out sprinter 2021-07-25|
- GLAAD and The Black List—the writer-centric entity whose work includes its annual list, screenplay marketplace, writer labs, and film and television productions—announced plans for The 2021 GLAAD List, the third ...
|Market Days performers include Jody Watley, Todrick Hall, Steve Grand 2021-07-23|
- Northalsted Market Days—taking place Aug. 6-8—will feature a star-studded line-up. Just some of the performers slated to entertain are icon Jody Watley ("Looking for a New Love"), Todrick Hall, Steve ...
|Ravinia to unveil 'Bernstein's Answer' immersive theater experience 2021-07-23|
--From a press release - HIGHLAND PARK, ILOn Saturday, August 7, the Ravinia Festival and Jeffrey P. Haydon, its President and CEO, will officially unveil the Ravinia Music Box (RMB) and its immersive theater experience, titled Bernstein's Answer, and fully open ...
|MUSIC 'I'm Every Woman: Divas Through the Decades' on Aug. 2 2021-07-20|
- LGBTQ+ party organization Slo 'Mo: Slow Jams for Queer Fam is celebrating its 10th anniversary with "Slo 'Mo Presents: I'm Every Woman: Divas Through the Decades with Akenya & Friends" on Monday, Aug. 2, at Millennium ...
|SHOWBIZ Ben Whishaw, non-binary actor, Cardi B, Obama, 'Grease' prequel 2021-07-18|
- Out actor Ben Whishaw stars in the film Surge, which will debut Sept. 24 and On Demand, a press release announced. Whishaw portrays Joseph, who is trapped in a soulless job, living a life devoid of ...
|MOVIES 'In the Heights' available as soon as July 30 2021-07-14|
- The 2021 musical film In the Heights will arrive on 4K, Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 31. However, it will arrive for Premium Digital Ownership at home on July 30. The film is directed by Jon M. Chu (Crazy Rich Asians) ...
|American Blues to present 'The Great American (and French) Songbook' 2021-07-12|
- On Friday, July 16, American Blues Theater, under the continued leadership of Artistic Director Gwendolyn Whiteside, will present The Great American (and French) Songbook, performed by Suzy Petri and guests as part of its music series ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Pray Away,' film contest, LGBTQ book, musicians, 'Star Trek' 2021-07-11|
- The new Netflix Original Documentary Pray Away, from executive producers Ryan Murphy and Jason Blum, will make its global launch on the platform Aug. 3, a press release noted. In the film, former leaders of the ...
|AIDS ballet movie coming to Chicago on July 16 2021-07-07|
- The movie Can You Bring It: Bill T. Jones and D-Man in the Waters will open Friday, July 16, in virtual cinemas in Chicago at Gene Siskel Film Center and Music Box Theatre. "Can You Bring It"co-directed by Rosalynde LeBlanc and ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Hedwig,' Oscars, Demi Lovato, GLAAD, Stevie Nicks 2021-07-04|
- Following 2019's sold-out, three-night engagement at The Town Hall in New York City (and several postponements in 2020), Hedwig and the Angry Inch co-creators John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask are returning with a rock spectacle ...
|Move your body! "House City" music series starts Sunday 2021-07-03|
- "House City" (kicking off July 4) is a new, 10-part series of free events popping up throughout the summer in the neighborhoods that helped create the House music genre over 35 years ago. DJ Jes, El ...
|PrideArts 2021-22: "The Search for Identity Among Queer Communities" 2021-07-01|
- CHICAGO — An Australian musical, a comedy-drama from the writer whose play was adapted as the hit movie JUDY, an Uptown holiday celebration, a new Ruth Bader Ginsberg bio, and a fifth play to be announced, ...
|'Concert for Love and Acceptance' features LGBTQ artists, allies 2021-07-01|
- Country music artist and philanthropist Ty Herndon, in partnership with CMT, held his annual Concert For Love & Acceptance on June 30. Presented virtually as an exclusive live streaming event, performances included Herndon, Brothers Osborne, Kristin ...
|Judge denies Britney Spears' request regarding father 2021-07-01|
- Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny signed an order June 30 denying Britney Spears' request to have her father, Jamie Spears, removed from the financial aspects of her conservatorship, NPR reported. Spears' attorney, Samuel D. ...
|Bienen School of Music launches 'Black Composer Showcase' series 2021-06-28|
- The Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University has launched a new series of videos featuring performances of art songs and chamber music by Black composers. The three-part Black Composer Showcase series (consisting of "Chicago Connections," ...