||Kinsey Sicks, in Chicago Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
This article shared 7663 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
September 3, 2003
America's Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet Performs Nov. 5 thru Nov. 8
CHICAGO — The Kinsey Sicks are returning to Chicago for four brand new shows of new material and as they put it "some of their
least unpopular songs!" America's favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet performed early this Spring in Chicago to two sold out
shows and now bring their spectacular show back for four nights "straight" (so to speak). An eclectic mixture of style, shtick and song,
Kinsey Sicks is a must-see!
The Kinsey Sicks, in their colorful Kennedy-era cocktail dresses and with their witty banter and clever songs described as "barber
shop meets Barbarella" perform Wednesday, November 5 through Saturday, November 8 at The Eagle, 5015 N. Clark in Chicago, 8
p.m. showtime (doors open at 7:30 p.m.). Tickets are already selling fast so call today to reserve your seats.
The four gentlemen who make up Kinsey aren't your average singers – their super intelligent lyrics, awesome harmonies and
imaginative parodies entertain from start to encore after encore. The members include Winnie (former Chicagoan Irwin Keller),
Rachel (Ben Schatz), Trixie (Kevin Smith Kirkwood) and Trampolina (Chris Dilley).
Favorite audience tunes include "Locked Out of the Chapel of Love," "IKEA" sung to the tune of "Maria," "AZT" (a combination of "The
Love You Save" and "ABC") and many more that will leave you gasping from shock or laughing hysterically.
Here's some mainstream media quotes regarding Kinsey Sicks:
"Loved it!" — Michael Musto, Village Voice
"Get thyself to Dragapella!" — Liz Smith "One of the more uniquely original acts we have encountered" — Billboard Magazine "The
hottest ticket in town" — New York Times "Inventive…riotously funny…sublime" — Variety
Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. To order call Windy City Media Group at 773-871-7610 or email
WindyCityMedia@aol.com . Buy 9 get one FREE! Visa and Mastercard accepted.
The shows are sponsored by American Airlines, Windy City Media Group and The Eagle.
This article shared 7663 times since Wed Sep 3, 2003
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|CIFF, featuring LGBTQ+ films, running through Oct. 24 2021-10-15|
- North America's longest-running competitive film festival, this year's event expands throughout Chicago with presentations at venues across the city, including at AMC River East 21; the Music Box Theatre; the Gene Siskel Film Center; special drive ...
|MUSICALS 'Pretty Woman' tickets go on sale Oct. 15 2021-10-15|
- After a pre-Broadway run in Chicago and being on Broadway, Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on one of Hollywood's most beloved romantic stories of all time, returns to Chicago. The production will run at the CIBC ...
|'Tapping into Ca$h' : CaSera Heining lives double life as DJ Ca$h Era and radio producer 2021-10-14|
- Minutes before DJ Ca$h Era hosted Lollapalooza's first drag show, the Black queer woman behind the stage name was pacing nervously behind the scenes and listening to a drag queen animatedly remind her they were "making ...
|MUSIC Janis Ian's last Chicago concert May 14 2021-10-13|
- In what is being advertised as her last concert in Chicago, LGBTQ singer Janis Ian will be performing at the Old Town School of Folk Music, 4544 N. Lincoln Ave. on Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 8 p.m. Tickets ($48-$50) will ...
|THEATER 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' running through Nov. 6 2021-10-12|
- Black Button Eyes Productions is welcoming back live audiences with the popular internet musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog—an authorized fan production to benefit the Chicago charity Season of Concern—playing through ...
|Lyric Opera running seven performances of 'The Magic Flute' Nov. 3-27 2021-10-11|
- Lyric Opera of Chicago is running seven performances of The Magic Flute, Mozart's final opera, on Nov. 3-27. There will be performances at 7 p.m. on Nov. 3; matinees on Nov. 7, 11, 14 and 17, ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Drag Race' winners, Playboy, punk band, The Dinah, Daniel Craig 2021-10-10|
Video below - As part of VH1's #LGBTQHerstoryMonth project, five winners from the RuPaul's Drag Race winner's circle—season one's BeBe Zahara Benet, All Stars 4 winner Monet X Change, season 11 winner Yvie Oddly, season 12 victor Jaida Essence ...
|Madonna's latest concert film, Madame X, now out 2021-10-09|
- The concept film to Madonna's acclaimed Madame X Tour has debuted in the United States Latin America, Australia, the Nordics and Canada exclusively on Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS. Fans outside these markets can watch ...
|Book about musician Tori Amos' works coming out 2021-10-07|
- The book Tori Amos: every album, every songby rock journalist Lisa Toremwill be out in the United States on Friday, Oct. 29, courtesy of Sonic Bond Publishing. In 1992, Amosan acclaimed singer, pianist and composerachieved fame ...
|MUSIC Rachael Sage at Uncommon Ground on Oct. 14 2021-10-06|
- Rachael Sagedescribed as an "award-winning singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist and member/supporter of the LGBTQ+ community"will perform at Uncommon Ground-Lake View, 3800 N. Clark St., on Thursday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m. ...
|Opera singer Ketelson to give Center on Halsted performance 2021-10-05|
- World renowned bass-baritone opera singer Kyle Ketelsen will perform Italian arias at the Center on Halsted to raise funds both to support his alma mater, Clinton (Iowa) High School (Vocal Department) and Care for Real Pantry ...
|Pride Fest sees rainbows over rain 2021-10-05|
- After last year's COVID-related cancellation, the LGBTQ+-focused outdoor affair Pride Fest returned to Lake View after a delay of a few months, as it usually takes place in June. An additional full day was added to ...
|R. Kelly found guilty of racketeering 2021-09-27|
- On Sept. 27, a federal jury in Brooklyn convicted embattled R&B singer R. Kelly of racketeering by a federal jury in Brooklyn, the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York said, according to ...
|THEATER 'Moulin Rouge!,' gay play 'The Inheritance' win top Tonys 2021-09-27|
- Moulin Rouge! The Musical was the runaway winner at the Tony Awards on Sept. 26, snagging 10 awards. Among its honors were Best Musical, Best Performance By an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical ...
|MOVIES 24-hour horror marathon at Music Box on Oct. 23-24 2021-09-24|
- "The Music Box of Horrors," sponsored by CreepyCo., will return to the Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., from noon on Saturday, Oct. 23 through noon on Sunday, Oct. 24. The event will include special ...