WINDY CITY TIMES
||Lighthouse Foundation to host LGBTQ+ prom on Nov. 5
This article shared 469 times since Fri Oct 28, 2022
Lighthouse Foundation of Chicagoland (LF) invites LGBTQ+ folks 18 and older to attend LF's inaugural LGBTQ+ Prom, "Fall Ball."
The eventa re-imagination of the prom experience through a Black, queer lenswill be held Saturday, Nov. 5, 8-11 p.m. at 2335 N. Orchard St.
"When creating this event, I thought about how incredible it would have been for the Black, gay, fat boy in Alabama to truly lean into the prom excitement along with all his peers instead of preparing to masquerade with joy, as he did every day of senior year," Lighthouse Foundation Black Queer Caucus Leader James Thomas, the planning the event, said in a statement.
Tickets are available for free through Eventbrite at bit.ly/LFFallBall. Visit the registration page to learn more.
This article shared 469 times since Fri Oct 28, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Transgender Day of Resilience: Town Hall panelists tackle allyship, discrimination and immigration 2022-11-23|
- Brave Space Alliance (BSA), Life Is Work (LIW) and Chicago Therapy Collective (CTC) hosted three free events across the city that they namedTDOR Weekend: A New Era, Together to celebrate ...
|Sydney WorldPride plans a celebration like no other 2022-11-08|
Special to Windy City Times - WorldPride is heading Down Under in 2023. Sydney has been named the official location for WorldPride next year, and the cosmopolitan city is planning to go all-out to welcome LGBTQ+ guests from all over the world. ...
|Washington DC to host WorldPride in 2025 2022-11-04|
-- From a press release - Washington DC, November 4, 2022… InterPride, an international association of over 400 Pride organizations from over 70 countries, announced that the Capital Pride Alliance (CPA) has been selected to host WorldPride in 2025. "CPA is thrilled ...
|Touche Chicago's 45th-anniversary celebration marred by racist performance 2022-11-03|
- Racist performance mires Touche Chicago's 45th anniversary celebration By Carrie Maxwell On Nov. 1, the leather, fetish and bear-focused Touche Chicago celebrated its 45th anniversary with a feature performance by ...
|The Haunted Halsted Halloween Parade turns 25 2022-11-02|
- The legendary Haunted Halsted Halloween Parade returned for the 25th time on Oct. 31. Kicking off at 7:30 p.m. from Halsted Street and Belmont Avenue, the parade route traveled north before looping back to a large ...
|Santa Speedo Run Northalsted to return, has raised more $500,000+ for Chicago's LGBTQ+ community 2022-11-01|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (Nov. 1, 2022) The Santa Speedo Run Northalsted is back with a full afternoon of events that begin at noon on Saturday, Dec 3. Proceeds from the annual event benefit Center on Halsted, Chicago's LGBTQ ...
|Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball has 'Saturday Night Fever' theme 2022-10-27|
- Howard Brown Health's Big Orange Ball was back in-person at Park West on Oct. 22this time with a big (not orange) disco ball. About 300 people brought their Halloween spirit to the event, dressed in costumes ...
|Chicago Fire FC to host Annual Locker Room Sale at Fire Pitch Nov. 10-13 2022-10-24|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO (Oct. 24, 2022)Chicago Fire FC will host its annual locker room sale at the Fire Pitch, 3626 N. Talman Ave., on Nov. 10-13. The multi-day event gives fans the opportunity to take home a piece ...
|Hundreds attend Plainfield Pride's 'Pride at PARC' 2022-10-19|
- After encountering some resistance, "Pride at PARC" took place Oct. 16 in Plainfield, with hundreds of people attending. The event took place at the Plainfield Park District's Prairie Activity and Recreation Center (PARC). Among other things, ...
|'Martinis That Matter' to honor former TPAN CEO Jeff Berry on Oct. 30 2022-10-19|
- Marty's Martini Bar, 1511 W. Balmoral Ave., presents "Martinis That Matter," a community giving-back program that funds community groups, charities and organizations. Profits from the sales during these events go to the organizations hosting. On Sunda ...
|GLAAD: Empire State Building to go purple for Spirit Day on Oct. 19-20 2022-10-18|
- New YorkGLAAD announced that the iconic Empire State Building will go purple on Wednesday evening, Oct. 19, in honor of GLAAD's Spirit Day taking place on Thursday, Oct. 20. RuPaul's Drag Race fan favorite Jujubee and ...
|Plainfield Pride event set to take place despite some opposition 2022-10-14|
- Plainfield Pride is hosting its first official event, "Pride at PARC," on Sunday, Oct. 16, despite opposition from some, Patch reported. The organization will gather from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Plainfield Park District's ...
|Chelsea Manning, Jessica Lange and more are part of CHF's fall slate 2022-10-12|
- This fall, the Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) is bringing some of the biggest names in film, politics, music, literature and activism to stages across Chicago for conversations addressing the theme of "PUBLIC" and how people are ...
|HRC celebrates National Coming Out Day and the significance of chosen family 2022-10-11|
-- From a press release. Video below - WASHINGTON—Today, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization, is commemorating the 34th annual National Coming Out Day (NCOD) by ...
|Rainbow Railroad set to hold fundraising event with out singer Patricia Barber 2022-10-11|
- Rainbow Railroad will hold its fourth annual fundraising event, "When I Am Free"featuring renowned lesbian jazz singer, composer and pianist Patricia Barberon Wed., Oct. 26, at Jazz Showcase, 806 S. Plymouth Ct., 6:30-9:30 p.m. This event ...