||Media Leaders Unite to Create Chicago LGBT Calendar
This article shared 9534 times since Mon Sep 21, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Windy City Media Group and ChicagoPride announce enhanced and comprehensive community calendar
CHICAGO - In a significant move that unites two of the largest content providers for Chicago's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered ( LGBT ) community, Windy City Media Group and ChicagoPride today announced an agreement to create a unified community calendar designed to connect the LGBT population to the numerous diverse possibilities the community has to offer.
"We are thrilled to further enhance our partnership with ChicagoPride to deliver this useful and informative community resource," said Tracy Baim, publisher, Windy City Media Group., which produces Windy City Times, Nightspots, and Windy City Queercast. "We especially encourage groups to post benefits far ahead of time so that event planners can check for conflicting dates for their own events."
Beginning October 5, 2009, the event listings of the Windy City Times, Nightspots Magazine and ChicagoPride will be combined to generate CalendarQ, the most-comprehensive event and community calendar, to be published exclusively in the Windy City Times.
With a feature-rich design and interactivity that maximizes the capabilities of the online version, Calendar Q will be available at www.windycitymediagroup.com .
"Windy City Media Group has been a proven leader in Chicago's LGBT community," said Bill Pritchard, senior vice president, ChicagoPride. "With this new community initiative and partnership, both companies are positioned to better serve the members of our community, ultimately putting them in control of their busy schedules."
Community organizers, event planners, arts groups and bar owners can submit events online or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Most importantly, groups are strongly encouraged to post their events directly online. Under the Events button go to Post an Event; once entered, this information will flow to the Web sites of both companies, plus the print editions of Windy City Times and Nightspots.
The agreement between Windy City Media Group and ChicagoPride is the latest in collaborative efforts in a longstanding strategic relationship.
ChicagoPride is the leading web-based resource serving Chicago's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender ( LGBT ) community. The ChicagoPride Web site, consistently ranked in the top 1% of all Web sites ( Amazon.com/Alexa Data ) , features event calendars, a popular matchmaker, special interest columns, and a comprehensive phone directory emphasizing local gay and lesbian dining and nightlife. Utilizing real-time data and exclusive web tools, ChicagoPride allows organizations and advertisers to better develop marketing strategies to reach Chicago's LGBT community.
About Windy City Media Group
Windy City Media Group produces Windy City Times, Nightspots, OUT! Resource Guide, Identity online, WindyCityQueercast.com and QueerTVNetwork.com . Windy City Media Group is also the producer of these annual events: Windy City Gay Idol, 30 Under 30 and the Windy City Times Theater Series. Its companion Web site, www.windycitymediagroup.com, is a top-ranked regional and national LGBT news and entertainment site. To download all of the products visit www.windycitymediagroup.com . Send questions to email@example.com or call ( 773 ) 871-7610.
This article shared 9534 times since Mon Sep 21, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Open TV (OTV) to return April 17 with virtual event
- The intersectional Late Show #OTVTonight is back, with a virtual event on OTV's app and on Facebook Live that will air Saturday, April 17, at 8-9:30 p.m. CT. Hosted by Open TV (OTV) founders Elijah McKinnon ...
|GLAAD Media Awards honors creative forces of change in media, culture 2021-04-09|
--From a press release, video below - Los Angeles, CA, Thursday, April 8, 2021 — GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, tonight hosted a virtual ceremony to announce the award recipients of the 32nd Annu ...
|LGBTQ critics group holding awards event April 18
- GALECA, The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics Association, along with Karel Media, will present the 2021 Dorian Film Awards on Sunday, April 18, at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on digital cable TV network Revry. The ...
|32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards April 8 2021-04-01|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, April 1, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced that CHIKA, Rebecca Black, and Niecy Nash's wife Jessica Betts will ...
|Pentagon reverses Trump-era ban on trans military service, GLAAD responds 2021-03-31|
--From a GLAAD press release - New York, NY - Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, celebrates news that the Pentagon will issue ...
|Chella Man talks media endeavors, the fashion world, upcoming book, AAPI visibility 2021-03-31|
- The multi-talented 22-year-old, Deaf, genderqueer, transgender, Jewish, AAPI, artist and activist Chella Man has done more in his short life than most people achieve in their lifetimes. This includes a successful YouTube channel; TedX talk, modeling ...
|Sisters in Cinema names 2021 documentary fellowship recipients 2021-03-23|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL (March 23, 2021)- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago based 501 (c)3 non-profit with an inclusive mission to center and celebrate Black girls, women, and gender non-conforming media makers, announced today their 2021 cohort for ...
|GLAAD, Athlete Ally respond to trans-inclusion letter
- Athlete Ally, a national nonprofit working at the intersection of sport and LGBTQI+ equality, and LGBTQ media advocacy organization GLAAD, responded to a letter from at least 5005 National Collegiate Athletic Association student-athletes sent to the ...
|SPECIAL ISSUE: AIDS at 40 2021-03-04|
- In this special quarterly issue, produced by Windy City Timesas as an insert to the Chicago Reader, Windy City Times speaks with long-term HIV/AIDS survivors, deals with HIV-positive representation in media, checks in on young activists of today ...
|Niecy Nash to host GLAAD Media Awards April 8;
WCT to receive special award 2021-03-03|
- GLAAD announced that out actress/producer Niecy Nash will host the virtual ceremony for the 32nd Annual GLAAD Media Awards, during which Windy City Times will receive a special honor. The organization also announced the awards ceremony ...
|Sisters in Cinema brings back Learn & Earn Program: Sisters in Cinema Newsroom 2021-03-02|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501 (c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, is proud to announce the return of their Sisters in Cinema Newsroom Program, and ...
|Mike Madigan picks second successor
- On Feb. 25, Angelica Guerrero-Cuellar was sworn in as the new 22nd District state representative, media outlets reported. Guerrero-Cuellar is the second person to succeed now-former Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan in less than a week. ...
|Daniel Biss wins Evanston mayoral race
- Former Illinois state Sen. Daniel Biss, a Democrat, won the Evanston mayoral race on Feb. 23, media outlets reported. An hour after polls closed, Biss had collected more than 73 percent of the votes counted and ...
|Mike Madigan now wants successor to step down
- Just two days after appointing Edward Guerra Kodatt as his successor, former Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan has asked him to step down, according to various media outlets. Marty Quinn, alderman of Chicago's 13th Ward, joined ...
|Pride and Less Prejudice to host panel on LGBTQ media representation March 20
- On Saturday, March 20, at 1 p.m. CT, Pride and Less Prejudice (PLP)which provides free, age-appropriate, LGBTQ-inclusive books to pre-K-3rd grade students in order to foster LGBTQ inclusivity and acceptancewill ...