WINDY CITY TIMES
||Person found dead at Berlin Nightclub
This article shared 1226 times since Sun Oct 2, 2022
Police are investigating a death at Berlin, a longtime LGBTQ+ nightclub in Chicago's Lake View neighborhood at 954 W. Belmont Ave., according to ABC 7 Chicago.
A 27-year-old person (identified as female by Chicago police, according to a report Windy City Times received) was found unresponsive at the club shortly before 5 a.m. on the morning of Oct. 1. That individual was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. This is being investigated as a death investigation by Area Detectives, the report added.
On social media and on Berlin's website, there was a statement: "Berlin Nightclub is deeply saddened by the loss of one of our own last night. Our thoughts go out to this beautiful person's family and friends as they grapple with the untimely loss of this young life. … We want to thank the first responders, friends and staff for their unwavering dedication and support."
The nightclub was closed the evening of Oct. 1 "out of respect for this life lost," per the statement. According to the website, it will also be closed Sunday, Oct. 2.
This article shared 1226 times since Sun Oct 2, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|The Northalsted Business Alliance makes statement on Club Q Shooting in Colorado Springs 2022-11-23|
-- From a press release - The Northalsted Business Alliance shares its thoughts and prayers with our LGBTQ+ family in Colorado suffering from yet another senseless gun tragedy. We mourn the five lives lost and stand with those injured and traumatized. Violent ...
|Tulsa business attacked after hosting drag event, HRC responds 2022-11-03|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Oct. 31, news broke that a business based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the Donut Hole, was vandalized when someone threw a Molotov cocktail — a hand-thrown incendiary weapon — after hosting an event ...
|WCT's Andrew Davis moves to The TRiiBE, Matt Simonette named WCT Executive Editor 2022-11-01|
Windy City Times news release - Longtime Windy City Times executive editor Andrew Davis is stepping down from his post to take a new full-time role as digital news editor of The TRiiBE, an outlet that is working to reshape the narrative ...
|Esquire: Chicago has three of the country's 'most fun' LGBTQ+-inclusive bars 2022-10-27|
- Esquire magazine's editorial staff curated a list of the "most fun and inclusive LGBTQ+-friendly bars"—and the choices may seem surprising. The magazine chose the Uptown spots Big Chicks and Carol's Pub as well as the Andersonville ...
|Dillin Ravenscraft new ED OF LGBT Chamber of Commerce-Illinois 2022-10-20|
-- From a press release - The board of directors for the LGBT Chamber of Commerce — Illinois [LGBTCC] announced the selection of Dillin Ravenscraft as the organization's new executive director, effective Oct. 24. ...
|THINGS TO DO Open House Chicago taking place Oct. 15-16 2022-10-14|
- The Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) is presenting Open House Chicago (OHC) 2022 presented by Wintrust on Oct. 15-16. The public is encouraged to discover a roster of 150+ sites in 20 community areas over the weekend, ...
|Philadelphia hosts street renaming ceremony for gay tourism expert 2022-10-11|
- On Oct. 11, Philadelphia officials will honor the late civic pride booster, celebrated author and former Visit Philadelphia President/CEO Jeff Guaracino by renaming a portion of South 13th Street after the tourism marketer and LGBTQ+ trailblazer ...
|Red Stars name Kim Vender Moffat as board chair and Mike Ernst as interim chief business officer 2022-10-11|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO—The Chicago Red Stars announced the changes to the board of directors and front office to further the club's efforts to reorganize leadership. Kim Vender Moffat will now serve as the chairwoman on the board of ...
|Chicago Marathon adds non-binary division, albeit quietly 2022-10-05|
- The Bank of America Chicago Marathontaking place Sunday, Oct. 9, throughout the cityhas quietly made a significant change this year. The race will hold a non-binary division for the first time ever, The Chicago Sun-Times reported. ...
|UpRising Bakery hosts LGBTQ+ history event; protesters still a constant 2022-10-02|
- A handful of anti-LGBTQ+ protesters regularly stand outside the mall that houses UpRising Bakery and Cafe in Northwest suburban Lake in the Hills. That was the case again Oct. 1, the start of LGBTQ+ History Month, ...
|FashionBar hosting Chicago Fashion Week, PFLAG conference 2022-10-01|
- Fashion Bar announced that it's hosting Chicago Fashion Week. The shows will take place Oct. 16-23 at Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Ave. Additionally, FashionBar will host the. PFLAG Northern Illinois conference at Water Tower ...
|Molson Coors donates $50,000 to 14 LGBTQ+ organizations through annual Tap Into Change program 2022-09-27|
- The beverage company Molson Coors presented $50,000 to 14 LGBTQ+ organizations at Sidetrack Sept. 26 as part of its 11th annual Tap Into Change program. Organizations partnered with local bars during the summer to raise money ...
|City asks Bloomington LGBTQ+ bar to remove Pride artwork 2022-09-25|
- The city of Bloomington, Illinois has asked an LGBTQ+ bar to remove its Pride decorations, according to Central Illinois Proud. Last month, The Bistro, hosted its annual downtown Pridefest with at least 6,000 attendees from all ...
|Chicago Red Stars and VfL Wolfsburg Women launch strategic alliance 2022-09-20|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, Ill. (Sept. 20, 2022) - The Chicago Red Stars and VfL Wolfsburg Women, of the German Frauen-Bundesliga, today launched a strategic alliance that will see the two clubs collaborate and coordinate technical and business resources ...
|WORLD Malta PM, Kenya official, Kharkiv Pride, sex-education campaign 2022-09-18|
- Malta Prime Minister Robert Abela has promised reforms for the country's LGBTQ+ community, including free gender-affirming surgery for trans people, according to PinkNews. In an interview with ONE Radio, he said, "I believe that social reform ...