WINDY CITY TIMES
||SPORTS Chicago Bulls lose to the Brooklyn Nets
This article shared 548 times since Thu Jan 13, 2022
One night after beating the Detroit Pistons by 46, the Chicago Bulls (27-12) lost to the Brooklyn Nets (26-14) 138-112 at the United Center on Jan. 12.
The Nets have several superstars on the team, including Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie Irving. According to Sports Illustrated, Irving (who's unvaccinated against COVID-19) is only eligible to play in road games due to the New York City vaccine mandate preventing him from playing in home games at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Non-resident professional athletes are exempt from Chicago's vaccine mandate for entertainment and recreation venues, NBC Chicago noted.
The Bulls finished the season series 2-1 against the Nets. But against the top six teams in the Eastern Conferenceand with no games against the Bucks yetthe Bulls are 2-6.
"Getting your butt kicked on national television is not a fun thing after playing a pretty solid first half," said Zach LaVine, who led the Bulls with 22 points, in a statement. "It brings you back down to earth."
The Bulls' brutal stretch continues Friday, Jan. 14, at home against the Golden State Warriors; and Saturday, Jan. 15, at the Boston Celtics.
This article shared 548 times since Thu Jan 13, 2022
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SPORTS Chicago Bears hire Matt Eberflus as newest coach 2022-01-28|
- Matt Eberflus will be the 17th head coach of the Chicago Bears, The Chicago Tribune reported. In his first move as Bears general manager, Ryan Poles hired Eberflus from a group of finalists that included Dan ...
|Talks begin for new Near West Side major league soccer training facility 2022-01-27|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO — Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot, Chicago Fire Football Club, Ald. Jason Ervin (28th Ward),and Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) CEO Tracey Scott announced the start of preliminary discussions on a ...
|SPORTS Bulls, Blackhawks prevail 2022-01-27|
- The Chicago Bulls (30-17) defeated the Toronto Raptors (23-23) 111-105 at the United Center on Jan. 26 to pull into second place in the Eastern Conference. Nikola Vucevic hit a three-pointer from the left wing with ...
|Chicago Sky hire Ann Wauters as assistant coach 2022-01-26|
- The defending WNBA champion Chicago Sky have hired Ann Wauters as an assistant coach, General Manager/Head Coach James Wade announced in a press statement. "We are very excited to welcome Ann to our staff." Wade said. ...
|Chicago Red Stars appoint Michelle Lomnicki associate general manager 2022-01-26|
-- From a press release - CHICAGO, IL. (Jan. 26, 2022) — Michelle Lomnicki, a former player for the Chicago Red Stars, has been named the club's associate general manager. "We're thrilled to have Michelle expand her role with the Red Stars," ...
|Chicago Bears hire Ryan Poles as general manager 2022-01-26|
- The Chicago Bears have hired Ryan Poles, 36, as their next general manager, a press release stated. Poles has spent the last 13 seasons working with the Kansas City Chiefs as a player personnel assistant (2009), ...
|SPORTS Bulls edge Oklahoma City 111-110 2022-01-25|
- The Chicago Bulls (29-17) barely got back in the win column, edging the Oklahoma City Thunder (14-33) 111-110 in Oklahoma. Zach LaVinewho had missed several games with an injuryscored 23 points along with seven assists and ...
|ICYMI: NCAA Facilitator quits in protest of NCAA's failure to protect trans athletes 2022-01-24|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Dorian Rhea Debussy, Ph.D. (they/them), one of 54 facilitators in the NCAA Division III LGBTQ OneTeam program, resigned in protest of recent actions the NCAA has taken, including a new policy around ...
|SPORTS Bulls fall to lowly Orlando 114-95 2022-01-24|
- The short-handed Chicago Bulls (28-17) continued their slide, losing to the Orlando Magic (9-39) 114-95 on Jan. 23 in Florida. The Bulls were recently first in the Eastern Conference; now, they're in third place. DeMar DeRozan ...
|SHOWBIZ 'The Gay Agenda,' Elliot Page, actress dies, sports items, Rock Hudson 2022-01-23|
- Netflix has launched The Gay Agenda, a podcast that looks at the lives of LGBTQ creatives at the top of their fields across different industries, NBC News noted. The goal, the streaming service said, is to ...
|SPORTS Packers fall to 49ers in NFL playoffs 2022-01-23|
- The Green Bay Packers made the NFL playoffs while the Chicago Bears didn't. However, they'll both be watching this year's Super Bowl from home after the top-seeded Packers (13-5) fell to the San Francisco 49ers (12-7) ...
|Bulls, Blackhawks fall short; 'Hawks reschedule games 2022-01-22|
- In NBA action, the Chicago Bulls (28-16) fell short against the defending-champion Milwaukee Bucks (29-19), losing 94-90 in Wisconsin on Jan. 21. Bulls coach Billy Donovan was livid after the game. He was upset about Bucks ...
|HRC condemns NCAA for failure to protect LGBTQ+ athletes 2022-01-21|
-- From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. Late last night, the NCAA ratified (https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/1/20/media-center-ncaa-members-approve-new-constitution.aspx) its new constitution, which does not include nondiscrimination policy language that had ...
|SPORTS Bulls end losing streak against Cleveland 2022-01-20|
- The Chicago Bulls (28-15) ended their four-game losing streak with a sorely needed 117-104 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers (27-19) on Jan. 19 at the United Center. DeMar DeRozan and Nikola Vucevic combined for 54 points, ...
|NCAA updates trans-related policies 2022-01-20|
- The NCAA has adopted a sport-by-sport approach for transgender athletes, bringing the organization in line with the U.S. and International Olympic Committees (IOC), POLITICO reported. Under the new guidelines, approved ...