||'Tis the season for Scrooge and Marley events
Music Box, Sunday, Dec. 8 and musical highlight with Lakeside Pride concert Dec. 14
This article shared 10130 times since Thu Nov 21, 2013
( November 21, 2013 - Chicago ) The holiday season moves into high gear on Sunday, Dec. 8 when the film SCROOGE & MARLEY returns to the Music Box Theatre ( 3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago ) one year from the date of its red-carpet premiere at the historic venue.
The movie, which was entirely shot in Chicago, is a heartfelt, modern-day, gay variation on Charles Dickens' beloved classic A Christmas Carol. This exclusive Chicago holiday matinee screening begins at 2:30 p.m. and includes a festive pre-show with prize giveaways. Special guests are the swingin' female a cappella caroling trio The Merry Janes, who will lead the audience in a holiday sing-a-long with their Andrews Sisters-like harmony arrangements, and more.
Audiences of all persuasions have embraced SCROOGE & MARLEY which stars David Pevsner as Scrooge, Tim Kazurinsky as Marley's Ghost, Rusty Schwimmer, Megan Cavanagh, Ronnie Kroell, and David Moretti, features multiple Emmy Award-winner Bruce Vilanch as Fezziwig, and is narrated by two-time Tony Award-winner Judith Light. Members of the cast and crew will be on hand for the screening. Scrooge & Marley DVDs, Blu-rays, soundtrack CDs, and other related merchandise will be available for purchase. Advance tickets are $10 and are available at www.musicboxtheatre.com or see www.musicboxtheatre.com/events/scrooge-and-marley-2013-dec-8-sun-0215pm .
The festive spirit continues on Saturday, Dec. 14 when the Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles include "Christmas Eve Is Coming Soon," the theme from SCROOGE & MARLEY as a featured part of their annual holiday concert, HOLIDAYS IN UPTOWN. The original song, written by the film's co-writer and director Richard Knight, Jr., is performed in the film by noted area vocalist Becca Kaufman who will sing the selection at the Lakeside Pride concert ( in a new arrangement commissioned exclusively for the evening ). Many of the ensembles' members performed on the Scrooge & Marley soundtrack ( which will be available for purchase ). The concert will include many other notable seasonal selections and will also include an audience sing-a-long. It all takes place at the Preston Bradley Center ( 941 W. Lawrence Ave., Chicago ) beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20/$12 for seniors and students. Advance tickets and further information at www.lakesidepride.org .
SCROOGE & MARLEY which noted film critic and "Have Yourself a Movie Little Christmas" Alonso Duralde has called "sweet and distinctive" is also available for download via the movie's website, which also includes detailed information about the film and links to other related merchandise available for purchase. See www.scroogeandmarleymovie.com . The film and soundtrack are also available on Amazon.
Scrooge & Marley features a wide range of music from award-winning singers and bands, with a special end credit song performed by Jason Gould and written for the film by Marsha Malamet, Liz Vidal and Stephan Oberhoff. Other performers in the film and soundtrack include Matt Alber, BETTY, Linda Good, Amber deLaurentis, Becca Kaufman, Jeannie Tanner and more.
About SCROOGE & MARLEY
"Scrooge & Marley" is a modern-day variation on Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." Recounted from a gay sensibility, with heart, comedy and music, the magic of Dickens' timeless tale of a man's redemption at the holidaysthanks to the help of three ghostly spiritscomes alive from a fresh perspective that will appeal to audiences of every persuasion. The film is based on an original script by Ellen Stoneking, Knight and Timothy Imse. It was directed by Knight and Peter Neville. Producers of the film are Tracy Baim ( "Hannah Free" ) and David Strzepek ( "Foodgasm" ), joined by several co-producers ( Knight, Neville, Stoneking, Kroell, and Moretti ) and noteworthy crew.
Full cast and production team bios at www.scroogeandmarleymovie.com .
Twitter: twitter.com/ .
On Facebook see www.facebook.com/ScroogeAndMarley .
This article shared 10130 times since Thu Nov 21, 2013
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Openly gay experimental artist/filmmaker Kenneth Anger dies at 96 2023-05-24|
- Experimental filmmaker and artist Kenneth Anger has died at age 96. According to Variety, his gallerySprueth Magers, operated by Monika Spruth and Philomene Magersconfirmed the news on their website, writing ...
|SHOWBIZ Cynthia Erivo, 'Next Level' winner, 'All Out,' Madonna, Omar Ayuso 2023-05-19|
- LGBTQ+ actor Cynthia Erivo will star in a film adaptation of the theater sensation Prime Facie, Variety noted. Oscar nominee Erivo will take on the role originated on the West End (and, currently, on Broadway) by ...
|WORLD Spain, South Korea festival, Eurovision, marriage items, Sri Lanka 2023-05-19|
- Spain became the latest country to join a U.S. initiative that seeks to promote LGBTQI+ rights around the world, The Washington Blade reported. "Promoting and protecting the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ...
|Chicago Filmmakers to present Reeling Pride Month Film Showcase 2023-05-17|
--From a press release - Chicago Filmmakers is thrilled to announce the Reeling Pride Month Film Showcase, a special program celebrating Pride Month this June. Presented by MUBI, this showcase is a prelude to the highly anticipated Reeling: The 41st Chicago ...
|Filmmaker Laura Moss brings 'birth/rebirth' to life 2023-05-16|
- Non-binary filmmaker Laura Moss, who uses they/them pronouns, likes to tackle projects that break away from societal norms. Moss' first feature, titled birth/rebirth, and tells the story of a single mother and a morgue technician bound ...
|Doug Plaut serves up The Sixth Reel 2023-05-16|
- Performer Doug Plaut's career highlights the queer side of life. From the breakout role of gender-fluid Terry in Netflix's Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to the upcoming third installment playing Rex in Hurricane Bianca: All Roots of Evil, ...
|Trace Lysette: Film festival hit 'Monica' brings a story of trans resilience to the screen 2023-05-16|
- Trans performer Trace Lysette grew up in Dayton, Ohio before moving to New York City to pursue a new life. Her television debut on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2013 made her one of the first trans people to ...
|WORLD Turkish president, former congressman dies, Polish case, Uganda, sports 2023-05-12|
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan again attacked the country's LGBTQ+ community in a bid to rally his conservative voters before the May 14 election, france24.com noted. Polls showed Erdoganwhose campaign is dealing with an economic crisis ...
|SHOWBIZ Nathan Lane, Marvel, 'Guardians,' Deborah Cox, Provincetown film fest 2023-05-12|
Wanda Sykes' 'I'm an Entertainer' trailer below - GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics named Nathan Lane its Timeless Star for 2022-23, per a press release. "Nathan Lane is an icon of stage and screen, a master of both drama and comedy, and ...
|SHOWBIZ Barry Manilow, 'The Kardashians,' gay Marine drama, Tonys, 'Unleashed' 2023-05-05|
- The Barry Manilow/Bruce Sussman production Harmony will make its Broadway bow in the 2023-24 season, beginning performances Oct. 18 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre, with opening night on Nov. 13, according to Playbill. The musicalfeaturing music ...
|WORLD Student freed, Dutch rally, Kenyan bill, Kumbia Queers, 'Thrones' actor 2023-05-05|
- After being detained for two weeks over accusations of violating President Vladimir Putin's so-called "LGBT propaganda" law, queer Chinese student/social-media figure Haoyang Xu was freed from Russian prison, GCN reported. ...
|LGBTQ+ movie 'The Conformist' to open at Music Box on May 13 2023-05-05|
- Kino Lorber will present a new 4K restoration of Bernardo Bertolucci's 1970 LGBTQ+ masterpiece The Conformistand it will open Saturday, May 13, at Chicago's Music Box Theatre, 3733 N. Southport Ave., for one weekend only. The ...
|Chaz Bono talks about bringing the chills in horror movie 'Bury the Bride' 2023-04-30|
- "I've seen this movie before. It ends bad." The above line is uttered by one of the characters in the Tubi original movie Bury the Bride. Howevereven though the film features some horror-movie constants like young, ...
|SHOWBIZ Lily Tomlin, Daniel Craig, Lizzo, 'Noah's Arc,' Maurice Jamal, 'Heartstopper' 2023-04-29|
Video below - The Peabody Awards announced that Lily Tomlin and Issa Rae will receive honorary awards at the June 11 ceremony, to be held in Los Angeles for the first time in Peabody's 83-year history, per the Hollywood ...
|GALECA to also honor achievements in theater 2023-04-26|
- GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics announced it is expanding its mission to honor Broadway and off-Broadway productions, across various inaugural categories, beginning with the current 2022-23 theater season. ...