||Windy City Media Group Launches Video Channel, New and Unique Online Content
This article shared 12246 times since Wed Mar 4, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tracy Baim
CHICAGO -- Windy City Media Group, which publishes Chicago's most established and honored gay media, has launched a new video channel, QueerTVNetwork.com, as part of a new push to providing unique online content for the LGBT community.
In addition to daily breaking news on the www.WindyCityMediagroup.com Web site, WCMG reporters are now armed with video cameras to send in video reports from news, entertainment and bar events. Senior reporter Emmanuel Garcia and Nightspots Managing Editor Kirk Williamson are the primary video editors, but reports will be filed from a wide range of reporters.
The video channel will provide enhanced coverage of LGBT Chicago issues. Linked from the WCMG home page, the channel will enhance the articles and photo coverage online and in print. The video channel has been added as part of an all-new Web site design spearheaded by Materville Studios in Chicago.
Another addition to the WCMG family is the most popular gossip columnist in the gay media world, Billy Masters, who reports on a wide range of entertainment-related stories. Masters can be read in print and online, plus he can also be heard as a frequent guest on WindyCityQueercast.com .
Windy City Times, WCMG's flagship publication, continues to provide strong weekly print coverage, with dozens of additional articles adding to its online content. Nightspots, WCMG's 19-year-old bar publication, is now biweekly in print, supplemented by online photos and video reports from the bars.
A final new addition to the WCMG Web site are links to Web blogs created by staff writers and contributors to the WCMG family of LGBT media. Blogs by Publisher Tracy Baim, Kirk Williamson, Queercast co-hosts Alexandra Billings and Stephen Rader, in addition to a growing family of related blogs, will be easily accessed through the WCMG home page.
This article shared 12246 times since Wed Mar 4, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Rapper DaBaby defends anti-gay comments 2021-07-27|
- Rapper DaBaby addressed his recent controversial comments at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami—and drew the ire of many on social media, CNN.com noted. During the performance, he made false and insulting comments about gay ...
|NBC Sports apologizes for misgendering Olympian; GLAAD responds 2021-07-27|
- GLAAD responded to media coverage of the first several days of the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo, including the misgendering of Team USA skateboarder Alana Smith. Smith made Olympic history July 25 as the first ...
|Chicago Filmmakers awards $100,000 to local social injustice digital media projects 2021-07-20|
--From a press release - (July 20, 2021 — Chicago, IL) Chicago Filmmakers is pleased to announce that the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund (CDMPF) has awarded a total of $100,000 in grants to eight Chicago artists for the production of ...
|GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index shows more LGBTQ character screen time, not so for trans 2021-07-15|
--From a press release - Los Angeles, CA - Thursday, July 15, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest LGBTQ media advocacy organization, today released its ninth annual Studio Responsibility Index (SRI), a study that maps the quantity, quality, and diversity of ...
|Association of LGBTQ Journalists names 2021 Excellence in Journalism awardees 2021-07-14|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 14, 2021) — Today, NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists announced the recipients of its 2021 Excellence in Journalism Awards and recognized exemplary work produced in 2020. ...
|Supreme Court refuses to hear anti-gay florist's case 2021-07-03|
- On July 2, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear the case of a florist who refused to provide services for a same-sex weddingleaving in place a decision that she broke state anti-discrimination laws, media outlets ...
|Making Gay History Podcast to launch Season 9:"Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis" 2021-06-24|
--From a press release - NEW YORK, NY — Thursday, June 24, 2021 — The award-winning Making Gay History podcast will debut its ninth season, "Coming of Age During the AIDS Crisis," on July 1, 2021. After eight seasons of episodes ...
- "I like dick. 'Are you gay?' Where've you been? I'm REALLY gay. I love it. I love being gay. Happy Pride everybody." Adam Lambert's response when someone on social media asked if he's gay. Asked and ...
|One dead, another injured after Florida Pride incident
- In Florida, two pedestrians at a Wilton Manors Pride parade on June 19 were hit by a truck, leaving one dead and the other injured, according to media reports. Video from CNN affiliate WPLG showed a ...
|Report: Major corporations celebrating Pride month also funding Fox' anti-LGBTQ+ programming 2021-06-18|
--From a press release - WASHINGTON, DC — According to a new report from Media Matters for America, a nonprofit media watchdog, major corporations that are publicly celebrating LGBTQ+ Pride Month are also simultaneously advertising on Fox News, funding the network's ...
|Sisters in Cinema presents Sister Outsider Juneteenth Celebration 2021-06-16|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL- Sisters in Cinema, a Chicago-based 501(c)3 recently in the news for breaking ground on their new Media Arts Center, Is inviting all to participate in their inaugural Sister Outsider: Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday, June ...
|GLAAD at Pride: Protect the most vulnerable among us 2021-06-01|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today released a statement to honor the start of Pride Month, highlighting the ...
|Remembering Kay "Tobin" Lahusen 2021-05-29|
- Much of LGBTQ history, and history in general, has been lost. Even after photography was invented, the lens (and pen) was often directed subjectively, documenting what the mainstream media thought were the significant moments of the ...
|Doc10 Film Festival returns and includes LGBTQ+ features 2021-05-21|
- Chicago Media Project (CMP) announced the full slate of films being showcased at the annual Doc10 Documentary Film Festival, returning June 17-20. The festival will feature socially distanced, COVID-responsible in-person ...
|Lightfoot only giving one-on-one talks to journalists of color 2021-05-19|
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has told the city's media outlets that she would grant one-on-one interviews to mark the halfway point of her term, but with one condition: She will only speak with journalists of color, ...