||Windy City Media Group top LGBT news site in Chicago ranking
This article shared 9853 times since Tue Jun 16, 2009
WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP NEWS RELEASE
June 16, 2009
Contact: Tracy Baim email@example.com
Among hundreds of Chicago non-traditional news sites, Windy City Media Group ( WCMG ) was ranked second according to a Chicago Community Trust report issued in June. WCMG was the top-ranked LGBT news site, and the only one in the 60 top sites ranked. WCMG is publisher of Windy City Times and Nightspots, and also produces WindyCityQueercast.com and QueerTVNetwork.com
The report, commissioned by The Chicago Community Trust, surveyed media professionals and users across the Chicago area, and used a complex rating system based on several self-reported statistics, third-party rankings, and a qualitative assessment by Community Media Workshop ( CMW ) .
Several mainstream media sites, for example the Tribune, Sun-Times and TV sites, were not included, but Web sites for NPR, the Chicago Reader and other independent and online-only media were included.
The following is how CMW ranked the top 20:
1: Chi-Town Daily News
2: Windy City Media Group
3: Gapers Block
4: Progress Illinois
5: Windy Citizen
6: WBEZ Chicago Public Radio
7: Chicago Parent
8: Catalyst Chicago
10: Midwest Vusiness
11: CTA Tattler
12: The Beachwood Reporter
14: The Chicago Defender
15: District 299
16: The Chicago Reporter
17: The Urbanaphile
18: Chicago Carless
19: 600 Words by Esther J. Cepeda
20: Marathon Pundit
This announcement comes just weeks after The Reader named Windy City Times the "Best GLBT news source in Chicago" and days after the completion of WCMG's 7th annual Windy City Gay Idol promotion with over 1000 attending Semi-finals and Finals competitions.
Windy City Times is online at www.windycitymediagroup.com
See www.communitymediaworkshop.org or www.newstips.org .
This article shared 9853 times since Tue Jun 16, 2009
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|'Mombian Database' released
- Mombian columnist Dana Rudolph has released the Mombian Database of LGBTQ Family Books, Media, and More, with more than 500 books, music albums, movies, games and toys for and about LGBTQ families. The site offers multiple ...
|Trump to skip Biden's Jan. 20 inauguration
- Outgoing President Donald Trump conveyed on social media that he will not be attending new President Joe Biden's inauguration. "To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January ...
|National LGBTQ organizations call for Trump's removal from office 2021-01-08|
--From a press release - New York, NY - Thursday, Jan. 7, 2020 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, along with leading LGBTQ legal, health, youth, justice and equality organizations, is callin ...
|Gay influencers called out for partying in Mexico during pandemic
- A social-media account called GaysOverCovid has been exposing the gay men of the world for continuing their hard-partying, jet-setting lifestyles in the midst of a pandemic, according to media outlets such as DListed.com. For instance, Chicago-based ...
|Pelosi narrowly re-elected House speaker 2021-01-03|
- On Jan. 3, Nancy Pelosi was narrowly re-elected speaker of the U.S. House, as she again leads the Democrats' slender majority, media outlets reported. After serving for 17 years in charge of the House Democrats, Pelosi ...
|'Cheer' star pleads not guilty to child-sex charges 2020-12-18|
- On Dec. 17, Cheer star Jerry Harris pled not guilty to new federal felony charges that he tried to lure minors for sex and shared sexually explicit photos with them, media outlets reported. The charges alleged ...
|COVID-19 Ellen DeGeneres tests positive; talk-show production halted
- Ellen DeGeneres has tested positive for COVID-19, and has stopped production on her talk show until January, according to media outlets such as Deadline and EW.com. "Hi Everyone, I want to let you all know that ...
|Actor formerly known as Ellen Page comes out as trans
- Elliot Page has come out as transgender. The star of movies like Juno and TV shows like The Umbrella Academy, formerly known as Ellen Page, posted about his transition on social media on Dec. 1, according ...
|Chicago's pandemic budget passes
- On Nov. 24, The Chicago City Council passed the city's 2021 pandemic budget. According to a media release, "The $12.8 billion budget was built in close collaboration with City Council members, labor partners and other key ...
|LGBT HISTORY: QAnon's 'SaveOurChildren' slogan has long anti-LGBT history 2020-10-17|
- Model and cookbook author Chrissy Teigen recently shared devastating news with her social media followers: she and her husband, singer John Legend, had lost their child halfway through her pregnancy. She shared heartbreaking black-and-white photos of ...
|WGN-TV features the life and times of Windy City Times 2020-10-11|
Video link below - WGN-TV produced and aired on Oct. 9 a segment on the history and contributions of Windy City Times, co-founder/owner Tracy Baim, staff, contributors and delivery crew. The segment was reported by WGN's Sean Lewis. Windy City ...
|WORLD Egypt arrests, Trans Legal Mapping Report, designer dies 2020-10-05|
- In Egypt, authorities are accused of using dating apps and social media to track down and arrest queer folks in their latest attempt to "clean the streets," Out.com noted. Human Rights Watch interviewed 15 people who ...
|History initiative pairs NYC and LA LGBTQ groups 2020-10-05|
--From a press release - Organizations from two cities rich in LGBT history, New York City and Los Angeles, are teaming up for the annual social media event #MuseumInstaSwap. Tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 6), the NYC LGBT ...
|LGBTQs likely key percentage of electorate 2020-10-01|
--From a press release - New York, NY, October 1, 2020 - GLAAD, the world's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, released the findings of GLAAD's 'State of LGBTQ Voters' poll which ...
|Windy City Times: Quite the ride 2020-09-30|
- The information superhighway… That old synonym for the internet (conjuring up days of AOL Instant Messenger and really loud modems) served as my entry into Windy City Timesway back in 1995. Two friends suggested that I ...