||Windy City Times' first cover available as NFT
This article shared 1040 times since Mon May 17, 2021
The first cover of the Chicago LGBTQ newspaper Windy City Times is being made available as the company's first NFT, or non-fungible token. NFTs have recently been successfully tested by various artists and media companies, including The New York Times and Time Magazine. WCT is working with Promobot on this project.
Minted by co-founder Tracy Baim, this historic first cover of the Windy City Times represents an important milestone in Chicago's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer community. Since 1985, the Windy City Times has archived more than 200,000 news and feature articles, videos, photos, a weekly e-blast and other previous products including Nightspots, a biweekly, four-color, glossy entertainment guide, BLACKLines, En La Vida, OUT! Guide and more.
The auction winner for this one-of-a-kind NFT will also receive a copy a 393-page full-color book called Windy City Times at 35 including covers from Windy City Times and related LGBTQ newspapers in Chicago, signed by founder Tracy Baim. This book has a retail value of $49 and will be available in June of 2021. All proceeds go to support the great work done by the Windy City Times.
An NFT is a unique data unit stored digitally and is certified as the only one of its kind. It provides a proof of ownership of the token, but not the copyright of the image.
Bid at opensea.io/assets/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/7684056036564155073906459381721078728028269482460299873007649800410481295361 .
Bids are being accepted from May 17 to May 31 at midnight.
This article shared 1040 times since Mon May 17, 2021
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|THEATER 'A Michael Martin Tribute' Nov. 11-28 2021-10-27|
- Curious Theatre Branch will host a three-week celebration of the solo performance monologues of the late Michael Martin, curated by Kelly Anchors. A Michael Martin Tribute will take place Nov. 11-28 at Pride Arts Center, 4139 ...
|Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE reveal more fall, holiday event details 2021-10-22|
--From a press release - CHICAGOMayor Lori E. Lightfoot and the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) today announced more details for DCASE fall and holiday traditions as Chicago's vital arts and culture scene continues to safely and fully ...
|ATTRACTIONS Pizza pop-up, WNDR, Wrightwood 2021-10-22|
- Rewired's pizza pop-up: Rewired Pizza Cafe & Bar, 1102 W. Thorndale Ave., is getting in on the Halloween fun by paying homage to classic restaurant chains and "dressing up" as owner Daniel Barat's favorite pizza chain: ...
|Alphawood chooses LGBTQ+ individual to head foundation 2021-10-20|
- Alphawood Foundation Chicago announced Chirag G. Badlani as its newest executive director, effective Nov. 8. Badlani succeeds Jim McDonough, who retired this month after leading the foundation since 2012 and who will remain Alphawood's legal counsel ...
|Portrait series 'Still Searching' highlights missing Black women, children 2021-10-19|
--From a press release, video below - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE. On Friday, Oct. 22, 2021 from 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Damon Lamar Reed, Nicole So Random, and 345 Art Gallery will collaborate to present Still Searching Art Exhibition at 345 Art Gallery in Chicago, ...
|3Arts awards nearly $1M to women artists, artists of color, Deaf, disabled artists 2021-10-18|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, IL (OCTOBER 18, 2021)—3Arts, the Chicago-based nonprofit grantmaking organization, will award Chicago artists with nearly $1 million in unrestricted cash grants during the 14th annual 3Arts Awards, taking place ...
|LGBT History Month: '40s and '50s instant photography gave LGBT people 'Safe/Haven' 2021-10-15|
- Two men dressed in drag for a tea party, and two women cuddled up at the beach. Today these might be benign photographs but, in the early 1950s, they were memories shuttered away from public view. ...
|ART Contemporary yet timeless exhibition 'Young, Gifted and Black' arrives at Gallery 400 2021-10-13|
- To be a Black art collector is to stand on the shoulders of a proud lineage. Throughout history, Black patrons have supported Black artists when nobody else did. Bernard Lumpkin—a New York City-based art patron, educator ...
|ART Van Gogh balloon celebrates installation's extension to Feb. 6 2021-10-11|
- Following a maiden flight in Toronto to herald the return of the city's "Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit," Lighthouse Immersive's Vincent van Gogh hot-air balloon made its way to Goebbert's Farm, in the Kane County village of ...
|THEATER REVIEW Songs for Nobodies 2021-10-07|
- Title: Songs for Nobodies. Playwright: Joanna Murray-Smith At: Northlight Theatre at the North Shore Center for the Arts, 9501 Skokie Blvd. Tickets: $30-$89. Runs through: Sunday, Oct. 31 You won't find their names in the history ...
|Chicago Inclusion Project offers anti-racism workshops for arts organizations 2021-10-05|
--From a press release - Chicago, IL—The staff of The Chicago Inclusion Project is excited to launch a new workshop and continuum developed by staff members Jessica Vann and Arti Ishak. The workshop, entitled "Being Anti-Racist: An Active Action," is designed ...
|ART Nick Cave, Bob Faust to unveil 'Rapt on the Mile' on Michigan Avenue 2021-10-04|
- The Magnificent Mile has recently installed a monumental, multi-story public art installation entitled "Rapt on The Mile" that renowned artists (and couple) Nick Cave and Bob Faust created. The mural, which now wraps the 679 N. ...
|SHOWBIZ 'Queer/Art,' sports items, Kevin Bacon, Indya Moore 2021-10-03|
- Queer|ArtNew York City's home for the creative and professional development of LGBTQ+ artistsannounced the fall season of Queer|Art|Film, returning in person through Dec. 13, a press release noted. The line-up ...
|Crystal Lake's Raue Center for the Arts opens new school 2021-09-27|
- On its 20th anniversary, the Crystal Lake, Illinois-based nonprofit organization Raue Center for the Arts has launched a new school. Raue Center School for the Arts (RCSA) will provide youth and adult classes in a wide ...
|Month-long Open House Chicago 2021 to feature in-person site visits Oct. 16-17 2021-09-25|
--From a press release - (September 20, 2021) CHICAGO — Chicago Architecture Center (CAC) announced that Open House Chicago 2021 will again offer its popular in-person, indoor site visits, providing rare behind-the-scenes access to more ...