||k.d. lang comes to Waukegan for one night only
This article shared 10324 times since Tue Feb 7, 2012
Grammy-award¬winning artist k.d. lang, a rare performer who has matured before our eyes, exploring the realms of country, rock, and pop music throughout her nearly 30-year career, comes to Waukegan for one night only!
Tickets on sale now at geneseetheatre. com, all Ticketmaster outlets, or charge by phone at 800-982-2787.
ENTER TO WIN one pair of tickets by sending an email with "KDLANG" in the subject line to
by Mon., Feb. 20 to be entered.
Winner will be selected at random from all entries and will be notified via email. One entry per person, please.
TO WIN: Simply find us at
and "like" our page by Mon., Feb. 20.
Winner will be chosen at random from all page fans and will be notified via Facebook.
This article shared 10324 times since Tue Feb 7, 2012
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|SHOWBIZ Warhol, Sarah Paulson, upcoming books, Rufus Wainwright, Elliot Page 2023-05-26|
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled seven to two that the late artist Andy Warhol wasn't allowed to use a photographer's portrait of Prince for a series of pop-art images, per The Hollywood Reporter. Associate Justice Sonia ...
|Hair coming to Skokie Theater June 23 - July 30 2023-05-20|
- Madkap Productions has announced the cast and creative team for the inaugural show of their 2023-24 season, the rock musical HAIR, with book and lyrics by Gerome Ragni and James Rado, and music by Gail MacDermot. ...
|SHOWBIZ Cynthia Erivo, 'Next Level' winner, 'All Out,' Madonna, Omar Ayuso 2023-05-19|
- LGBTQ+ actor Cynthia Erivo will star in a film adaptation of the theater sensation Prime Facie, Variety noted. Oscar nominee Erivo will take on the role originated on the West End (and, currently, on Broadway) by ...
|WORLD Spain, South Korea festival, Eurovision, marriage items, Sri Lanka 2023-05-19|
- Spain became the latest country to join a U.S. initiative that seeks to promote LGBTQI+ rights around the world, The Washington Blade reported. "Promoting and protecting the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ...
|PASSAGES Chicago cultural and music advocate, poet, educator Diane Gomez 2023-05-18|
- Chicago cultural and music advocate, poet and educator Diane Gomez died May 5 due to complications from cancer. She was 70. Gomez was born September 28, 1952, on the South Side of Chicago to a very ...
|Belting for Life returns for an 8th edition 2023-05-18|
- On May 15, Jeff Award-winning director and activist Christopher Pazdernik celebrated his birthday with the eighth edition of Belting for Life, his annual Chicago-style theatrical concert and fundraiser for AIDS ...
|Foo Fighters, The Cure, and Tegan and Sara to perform at Riot Fest 2023-05-16|
- Foo Fighters, The Cure and Death Cab for Cutie are among the headliners at this year's Riot Fest, taking place Sept. 15-17 in Douglass Park. Some of the other acts include queer twins Tegan and Sara, ...
|MUSIC Billy Porter talks 'Mona Lisa,' authenticity and activism 2023-05-15|
- Billy Porter certainly seems to have it all. The actor/singer/director received numerous awardsâ€”including two Tonys (for his role in Kinky Boots and as a producer of A Strange Loop), a Grammy (for Kinky Boots as well) ...
|NATIONAL Alabama protest, antibiotic, bi politician, high-school musicals, Key West 2023-05-12|
- Alabama LGBTQ Action is urging the LGBTQ+ community and allies to join the group at a march on the Alabama State Capitol in Montgomery on Tuesday, May 16, to demand equal rights for all state residents, ...
|WORLD Turkish president, former congressman dies, Polish case, Uganda, sports 2023-05-12|
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan again attacked the country's LGBTQ+ community in a bid to rally his conservative voters before the May 14 election, france24.com noted. Polls showed Erdoganwhose campaign is dealing with an economic crisis ...
|SHOWBIZ Nathan Lane, Marvel, 'Guardians,' Deborah Cox, Provincetown film fest 2023-05-12|
Wanda Sykes' 'I'm an Entertainer' trailer below - GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics named Nathan Lane its Timeless Star for 2022-23, per a press release. "Nathan Lane is an icon of stage and screen, a master of both drama and comedy, and ...
|Lyric Opera of Chicago introduces first-ever Artist-in-Residence program with soprano Whitney Morrison 2023-05-11|
--From a press release - CHICAGO (5/11/23) Anthony Freud, General Director, President & CEO of Lyric Opera of Chicago, announced the launch of a new Artist-in-Residence program. Developed by Lyric Unlimited, the company's learning ...
|South Chicago Dance Theatre to debut 'Memoirs of Jazz' on June 10 2023-05-09|
--From a press release - (May 8, 2023) Through the 1960s and '70s, Jazz in the Alley on Chicago's South Side was a hotbed for jazz and a meeting place for some of the country's prominent musicians, visual artists, poets, activists, ...
|Sophie B. Hawkins swoops into City Winery this May 2023-05-08|
- Sophie Ballatine Hawkins is a talented Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter currently out on tour. Her roots in music began at an early age as she attended the Manhattan School of Music for percussion. She found commercial ...
|SHOWBIZ Barry Manilow, 'The Kardashians,' gay Marine drama, Tonys, 'Unleashed' 2023-05-05|
- The Barry Manilow/Bruce Sussman production Harmony will make its Broadway bow in the 2023-24 season, beginning performances Oct. 18 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre, with opening night on Nov. 13, according to Playbill. The musicalfeaturing music ...